Friday, April 10, 2009

Quilts

Last year I learned how to quilt...kind of. I have a friend who brought a picnic quilt to church in September. It was alternating jean and other fabrics. I decided I wanted to make one. Rick went with me and we bought a sewing machine, a cutting board and roller cutter and I embarked upon my quest to make a quilt. It didn't take too long to sew it. I finally tied it one day in January. Then just last week, yes in April, I put on the boarder. And here is my final result.
While creating my picnic quilt I decided to make some baby blankets. I also finished them just last week. I now have one blue and one pink Peter Rabbit quilt with minkie on the back. I have tucked these away until we have a child and can put it in their crib. They are special blankets for our unborn child that come from my heart. They aren't perfect but they are made with love.

0 comments: