Friday, May 1, 2009

Twilight - Rick's Thoughts


Rick bought me Twilight for my birthday. Since then we have watched it twice together. Both times he wanted to watch it. (I have watched it one or two times besides the ones with him.) He also asked me to get the book from the library for him. He read it in 4 days. That is about how long it took me!

Rick calls me every night on his way home from work. It is a nice time to just chat with nothing else going on. It is a good time for him to decompress and get all he wants to about work out so by the time he gets home we don't have to deal with work and can just have time together. Last night he called me and right off the bat he wanted to talk Twilight. Here is generally how our conversation went:

Rick "So talking about the book versus the movie, (He assumed I knew what he was talking about even though it took me a moment.) I like to think of myself as Edward but not being a Vampire, but I like to think we have a good relationship like they do. Do you think they showed the passion and love they have for each other in the movie?"

Michele "No I really don't. And you know, when I read the book I thought of us as being Bella and Edward. But dood, you need the car."

Rick "So you really think we have passion like that?"

Michele "Yes I do. I think that we are both so deeply in love with each other."

Rick "I am glad cause I do too. It isn't just a I want to have sex with you love either."

Michele "You are right, it isn't lust but it is a deep passion. Unconditional love."

Rick "Yeah! So I need a new car, but I want it to have the shift paddles on the steering wheel. Think Volvo does that?"

Here is where the conversation went on to discuss cars and other things. We did discuss in the movie that Edward needs to show how much he loves Bella more. That there are a few scenes in the movie where he looks happy and like he wants to be with her and those are great.

The point is...I have such an awesome husband! He is totally a romantic. He is into the Twilight series as much as I am and he wants to make sure we have that type of passion between us, even if it is fictional and sometimes people don't think that it is real.

Let me tell you, passion like that is REAL and it is ALIVE between Rick and me!

0 comments: