Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Update on The Process

Since this blog is not only about getting to know us but about our process on the way to adoption approval and finding our child, I thought maybe I should post something about the process.
Rick and I are almost done! We had our intake (first) interview the middle of June. Here it is the end of July and we are almost done. We have all the hard copies of information into the agency. We need to have our individual interviews and finish some items for our online profile and then just wait for the background checks to arrive. Which could be any day now, I think. I don't know how long it takes the agency to actually approve us and I don't know who is involved. Rick thinks it is a panel of people. I guess maybe I should look into that.
All in all, we are feeling great about adoption. We know that it is the right way for us. I am sure we will face adversity along that way, such is the nature of life, but we KNOW that it is the right thing for us and are so very excited about the process and opportunity.
To all of our friends out there, please let your friends know that we are looking. We need all the help we can get in getting the word out that we are looking.

Photobucket

0 comments: